Dr. James Branch, MD
Assuring you have the best vision care possible
Owner and operator of James Branch Ophthalmology, Dr. James Branch is a skilled and caring ophthalmologist with more than 30 years of experience in routine vision, pediatric eye health, chronic and diabetic eye disease care and treatment, ophthalmic surgical procedures to address anything from a clinical emergency to poor vision and the latest in diagnostic testing to assure early detection of eye diseases such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, etc.
Hospital and Surgical Center Affiliations
Forsyth Medical Center
- Hawthorne Surgical Center
- Medical Park Hospital
- Kernersville Medical Center
- Clemmons Medical Center
- Greensboro Surgical Center
- Davie County Hospital
- Thomasville Medical Center
- Medical Degree: Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Medical Internship: Freedman’s Hospital, Washington, DC
- Ophthalmology Residency: Veteran Administration Hospital, Tuskegee, AL
- Fellowship: Cornea External Disease and Pediatric Ophthalmology, University of Miami Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- American & National Medical Associations
Ophthalmologist Assistant and Optometrist
Maxi joined the James D. Branch, MD Ophthalmology team in 2002. Originally from Bogota‘, Colombia this caring professional provides extensive experience and knowledge in the areas of bilingual optometry, correction of refractive errors, prescribing contact lenses/glasses, and assisting in diagnostic testing to assure early detection of eye diseases such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, etc.
- Optometrist: Victoria Hospital, Bogota‘, Colombia
- Bachelor of Science in Optometry: Universidad de la Salle, Bogota‘, Colombia
Office Manager and Senior Research Coordinator
Cathy joined the James D. Branch, MD Ophthalmology team in its very early stages and has become an integral hub in assuring that both our staff and patients needs are met. This talented professional not only manages the everyday activities of this successful office, but also serves as the senior member of our growing clinical trial program.
- Extensive Opticianry Training
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel
- Certified by U.S. Department of Transportation in the transport of hazardous materials
Clinical Research Coordinator
Kelly is personally involved in all clinical research studies. Kelly takes her time to make sure that all study patients feel comfortable and happy with their experience.